Welcome to the Office of Career Services
High Desert Medical College is committed to assisting our program graduates in the pursuit of stable, rewarding employment. While the school cannot guarantee all students employment upon graduation or completion of personal objectives, instructors and the career placement staff consistently seek to assist students with employment opportunities prior to and after graduation.
It Begins before Externship. Our Career Services team meets with students in advance of their externship. We work closely with our students to match them with a medical facility that is right for them. Career Services works within the community to form relationships with employers. We also prepare our students by engaging with their instructors and the extern sites to ensure the best fit. Once at externship, we support our students with everything from timesheets to job placement assistance, if not hired out of their externship.
An explanation of the placement services available to all eligible graduates follows. Placement assistance includes, but is not limited to:
- Assistance in preparing, updating and customizing resumes for graduates.
- Instruction in interviewing techniques including “mock” interviews.
- Pre-placement interview by the placement department.
- Assistance in locating current job openings/scheduling interviews in qualifying fields.
- Direct marketing of prospective employers.
- Subscribing to the mailing lists of local large employers.
- Pre-interview reviews with graduates prior to assignment of interviews.
- Follow-up with after placement to insure adequacy and continued employment prospects.