Explore the unique needs of instructing adult students through the Continuing Education Unit (CEU) course entitled the Teaching Adult Learner: Strategies and Techniques for Nursing and Allied Health Program Educators. This a 30 hour continuing education course and approved for 30 CEU by the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN). This course is self-paced and delivered online. The student must achieve a minimum of 85% on the exam and complete the course evaluation. Upon completion of the exam and course evaluation, the student will receive a certificate for CEUs.
In this course, you will learn how to use the newest educational methods to create a classroom that’s perfectly suited for adult learners. This is a 10-module course with topics that include teaching theory and strategies, curriculum development and program administration.
- Module 1 – Adult Learning Theories
- Module 2 – Instructional Planning for Student Success
- Module 3 – Preparing and Creating Lesson Plans
- Module 4 – Effective Teaching Strategies
- Module 5 – Managing the Adult Classroom
- Module 6 – Student Learning
- Module 7 – Student Assessment
- Module 8 – Enhancing Students’ Professional Skills
- Module 9 – Teaching to the Learning Styles of Nursing and Allied Health Program Students
- Module 10 – Leading and Motivating
Proof of completion certificate: Teaching Adult Learner: Strategies and Techniques for Nursing and Allied Health Program Educators.
ACCREDITATION AND APPROVAL
Course is approved by the Bureau of Private Postesecondary Education in California (BPPE) and accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education (ACCET).